As I sit here and write, I realize that the older I get, the more blogs I write that begin with “the older I get”! But alas, it is with getting older that I have had the opportunity to learn many life lessons which I continue to take and shape the way I not only view the world, but the way I navigate through it. These are some of the things I’ve learned over the years:
- Get rid of stuff you don’t use and don’t really need: all you’re doing is collecting clutter
- Don’t assume- ask if you’re not sure
- Stay out of other folks drama and don’t needlessly create your own
- If you hate doing it, stop it!
- Apologize when you should
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes-learn from them, laugh about them and keep it moving
- Falling in love and having a relationship are two different things
- The best kind of love awakens the soul and makes us reach for more
- Stop judging others by your own past
- There is no force equal to that of a determined woman
- Sometimes on the journey to your dream, you become lost and stumble on to one that is better for you
- When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on!
- Many folks would be scared if they looked into the mirror and saw not their faces but their true character
- Before you find out who you are, you gotta find out who you’re not
- Enjoy your children- strive to give them a childhood they can look back and smile about
- Remember, “social comparison” is the thief of happiness!
Live a life full of moments of self-discovery, passionate endeavors, doing work that feels like play but feeds your soul, standing up and speaking out for what you believe in, and maneuvering through this world with an open mind and heart…
One Reply to “Lessons learned…”
LikeLiked by 1 person